Today we spent the morning visiting our cousins' church for the baptism of their three little angels. It was nice to visit a new church, and it gave me greater affirmation of the ways that our current church fits our family best - not just because of what's familiar, but because of the style of worship, the friendliness of people, communion, even the sermon (which I sometimes struggle to focus on...). One thing they did that I loved, though, was to take the children out for a lesson during the sermon - so I actually got to listen to this one!
As the babies were being baptized, the pastor gave each of them a cloth to dry their heads. Although I was raised baptist, I was "sprinkled" as baby when my family attended a Lutheran church. That cloth made me remember that I still have mine that my mother saved - and when I looked at it at home later I found that my baptismal birthday is just around the corner. Such a sweet momento.
After church with my cousins' family, we changed and quickly headed to our own church to celebrate the arrival of our new Vicar. Our church had a BBQ picnic on the lawn, and I have a little girl who loves BBQ. It was great to visit - to be missed in a congregation of 400 - and to return to fellowship with our people.
I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment